![]() |
| Sam, Miller and me at Arrington Vineyards. May 19, 2012 |
Miller is already 17 months old and I can hardly believe it! I am way, way behind on posting ... so I'm going to try to back-post as much as I can. I want to be able to remember all of these things one day. And, assuming we have a 2nd child, I want to be able to look back to know what to expect and when ... although it seems siblings often progress on totally different timelines.
Here is what Miller loves right now:
- to talk - much of it is still babble, but he knows several words
- his favorite word is kitty and he goes bonkers if a cat food commercial comes on TV ... lots of pointing at the TV and "Kitty, kitty, kitty!"
- other words he knows and uses often: bye-bye, hey, uh-oh, shoes, car, ball, Dada, and Papa (Sam's dad)
- he loves to take everything out of drawers and move things to a totally different room
- I now call him our "tiny tornado" ... if our house is clean when he wakes up for the day, he destroys it in an hour or less
- I know that he is learning a lot in this process (removing books from shelves, digging into the kitchen drawers and playing with Tupperware, taking our shoes and his shoes and scattering them across the condo, and moving anything that belongs in one room and putting it in a different room), but this type of "play" drives Sam crazy!
- we are currently missing one remote - this is very common these days
- he loves the Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and attempts many of the hand motions
- he often "sings" the tune to "Are you sleeping, Brother John" ... I think his class must often sing that at school
- we went swimming at Annie's apartment on Sunday, May 20 and he loved it! He had not been in the water since August of last year
- he loves to "read" and he now has favorite books that he "asks" us to read over and over again. Two favorites: One Foot, Two Feet and Cat
- he became very picky with food from 14 - 16 months, but this month he has turned a corner and is now eating more fruits and vegetables again. He loves grapes, bananas and oranges. His favorite vegetables are beans - almost any kind.
Overall, Miller is at a super fun age! He is able to get around on his own, interact, hug back, snuggle, sit on the couch with us and be read to, and it is so fun seeing his little brain work and figure new things out. I am a big fan of 17 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment